IS TRAUMA IMPACTING YOU?
- Is your sleep interrupted or restless?
- Do you feel isolated or overwhelmed?
- Do you have problems focusing or concentrating?
- Are you avoiding thoughts or memories?
- Are overly negative thoughts and feelings hurting your view of the world?
- Does you feel irritable or agitated?
YOU GET TO DECIDE HOW YOUR LIFE GOES
Life happens to all of us. Sometimes that means we witness or are exposed to a traumatic event. Sometimes the trauma we experience is second hand through our work or learning about things from friends or loved ones.
Its normal to react to events but when life doesn’t return back to normal after 1 month we may need help. Counseling is scientifically shown to reduce trauma related symptoms and improve your daily life.
The Symptoms of Adjustment Disorders include Having emotional or behavioral symptoms within three months of a specific stressor occurring in your life. People with an adjustment disorder experience more stress than would normally be expected in response to a stressful life event and/or having stress that causes significant problems in thier relationships, at work or at school
More severe reactions to stress may result in PTSD. The symptoms of PTSD include:
- Unwanted upsetting memories
- Emotional distress after exposure to traumatic reminders
- Physical reactivity after exposure to traumatic reminders
- Avoidance of trauma-related thoughts or feelings or reminders of the experience
- Inability to recall key features of the trauma
- Overly negative thoughts and assumptions about oneself or the world
- Exaggerated blame of self or others for causing the trauma
- Negative affect
- Decreased interest in activities
- Feeling isolated
- Difficulty experiencing positive affect
- Irritability or aggression
- Risky or destructive behavior
- Heightened startle reaction
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping
OUR THERAPISTS ARE ALL TRAUMA-TRAINED
Contact us if stress, or trauma are affecting the quality of your life. We’ll answer your questions and help you take the next step towards getting your life back. We offer both comfortable office appointments and video sessions where you can connect with a counselor from the convenience and safety of your own home or office.
Our counselors, psychologists, and social workers are all experts in helping you with trauma and stress. We use a variety of the best treatments including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitizing and Reprocessing (EMDR), Interpersonal Therapy, and more.
We’ll listen to you and understand what you are feeling. We’ll teach you techniques you need to get unstuck and to find a sense of confidence and peace. Why wait to get better? Making that first call is often the most difficult part. We make it easy for you to get started with easily scheduled appointments and a phone answered by our friendly, knowledgeable receptionist.