- Do you vape even though you know the health risks?
- Despite wanting to stop, do you continue to slip?
- Has the school taken disciplinary action against your son or daughter?
- Is is hard to concentrate sometimes?
- Are your grades slipping or are you forgetting to turn work in?
It’s hard to avoid it
High school bathrooms are a common place for vaping. The small devices used to vape can look like everyday items such as a USB drive. Recent studies show that E-cigarette use has increased 78 percent in one year for high schoolers and 48 percent in middle schoolers. This is incredible dangerous as the consequences of vaping include:
- Vaping is just as addictive as cigarettes
- Vaping causes you to ingest all kinds of chemicals.
- Vaping is linked to chronic lung disease and asthma
- Vaping raises your blood pressure and spikes your adrenaline, which increases your heart rate and the likelihood of having a heart attack.
- Vaping can slow brain development in teens and affect memory, concentration, learning, self-control, attention, and mood
- Vaping increases the risk of other types of addiction later in life.
We help people avoid and recover from addictions
At Psych Associates we understand that addictions don’t “just happen”. Its usually a slow progression with lots of different steps. There are also some advantages that come with some addictions or you would have stopped before. Our counselors listen and will help you understand the cycle you are in . We’ll teach you skills and techniques to help you reach your goals.
If you are ready to learn how we can help you quit vaping or other addictive behaviors, call Psych Associates at 417-414-0333 or schedule your appointment online.